FRIDAY April 7, 2017:
Lessons from A Whistleblower
in your best Samuel L. Jackson voice…
Finally Friday! Broadcasts are Sponsored by
The Health Law Partners, ZirMed,
and The American College of Physician Advisors
THIS WEEK, we have a detailed report on what you can learn from reviewing the recent whistleblower lawsuit filed against multiple payors – not the providers for once!
Our faithful and loyal co-host, Sharon Easterling and coding expert par excellence Mary Gregory have created a presentation on all this and let me tell you, it is DETAILED and not a little surprising – at least to someone like me. I’m frankly shocked at the lack of ethical business processes employed by these companies. It is utterly unimaginable to me that any level of management would allow or even back such obviously fraudulent activity.
ANYWAY… the BIGGEST question for us this week is:
WHAT can we learn from a whistleblower lawsuit about coding validation reviews and internal auditing that we need to be doing at facilities?
Be SURE to join us when our Panelists will be discussing :
- WHAT should documentation improvement training focus on?
- WHAT must code assignment for HCCs be based upon?
- WHY are certain diagnose codes being targeted?
- WHAT kind of validations should HCC reviews include?
- WHAT kind of diagnoses should be queried?
- WHAT kind of influence can be used on Physicians?
- WHAT kind of individuals should be doing your reviews?
- WHAT should you know about data being submitted for you?
So join us, share your own insights and bring your questions for us!
Get our handouts, below…
Be sure to register to get emails about all our shows
Just Don’t Miss this Show!
Visit the archive for the show to get the original handouts
Appeal Academy’s Finally Friday! is now sponsored by
Visit www.thehealthlawpartners.com or call (248) 996-8510 or (212) 734-0128
The American College of Physician Advisors – Hosts of: