Friday, October 5 2017
How & Where to Change The Focus
of Your CDI Program
Are You On the Right Track?
And even if you are,
Did you Board the Right TRAIN?
Finally Friday! Broadcasts are Sponsored by
The Health Law Partners, ZirMed,
and MAS Coding Solutions
THIS WEEK, we continue a discussion with Glenn Krauss, Sharon Easterling and Bill Malm, speaking to something we all feel quite deeply about – the use of CDI programs to boost revenue, instead of documentation in the medical record.
Remember Dr. Lawrence Weed?
“This record cannot be separated from the care of that patient.”
Anyway, we’ll talk again about where we’ve seen many CDI programs going, and why we suggest there needs to be a different approach.
SO… THIS week, our Panel will be discussing :
- WHERE should your CDI program begin on the patient encounter path
- WHERE should it stop – or does it ever stop
- WHAT regulations should a CDI be well-versed in for Inpatient care
- WHAT regulations should a CDI be well-versed in for Outpatient care
- WHY does CDI usually start 24-48 hours after admission
- HOW should CDI in the ER be different – or should it
- WHAT are some examples of bad vs. good documentation that CDI could have caught and then taught a better way
So join us, share your own insights and bring your questions for us!
Get our handouts, below…
Be sure to register to get emails about all our shows
Just Don’t Miss this Show!
FRIDAY – 1:00PM to 2:00PM EDT
…check back later…
Visit the archive for the show to get the original handouts
Appeal Academy’s Finally Friday! is now sponsored by
Visit www.thehealthlawpartners.com or call (248) 996-8510 or (212) 734-0128
And now also by