yes, was yet another
WEDNESDAY June 1, 2016:
“The Challenge of the JW Modifier”
A review of the requirements and
challenges in implementation
Here’s the Real Key — the Secret Sauce:
Sponsored by The Health Law Partners, MAS Coding Solutions
NOTE THE DATE AND TIME:
WEDNESDAY June 1, 2016
@ 4:30PM EDT
THIS WEEK, by popular request, we (again, mostly Bill Malm) will be going over the requirements for the JW Modifier, as written in Transmittal 3508, dated April 29, 2016, still scheduled to take effect on July 1, 2016. The Transmittal requires the use of modifier JW to report drug wastage. Many questions have arisen about who can possibly know what, when would they know it, how do they put it into the record with the EMR, what should they put in, and we’re not even to the billing questions yet.
This week, we will mostly be discussing what we’ve heard about hospitals trying to enable the use of this modifier to meet the requirements.
Here is our FAQs document, from last week.
Worth the read before the show.
We will cover again and take Q&A:
- How can you (or even should you) use the most efficient package size available from a pharma vendor?
- Can you do that all the time, and if you can’t, what to do instead?
- Who specifically knows about those package sizes and how can floor staff get such knowledge?
- How does any of this get documented in the medical record (in your EMR)? (Or is it even possible?)
- Have you ever, do you now, or will you ever, use the JW modifier?
- When reporting JW modifier, which revenue code should you use?
- When is the JW modifier really required? (Or not?)
We might get to do some of the SAD issues, but we think JW was the more important issue, since that’s where the most troublesome issues have appeared.
Once again, we recommend you keep a bottle of Tylenol handy.
So join us, share your own insights and bring your questions for us!
THIS IS A SPECIAL EDITION
AT 4:30 PM EDT…
Get our handouts, below…
Be sure to register to get emails about all our shows
Just Don’t Miss this Show!
WEDNESDAY – 4:30PM to 6:00PM ET
Finally Friday! SLIDES for June 1 2016 - The Challenges of the JW Modifier 2.86 MB 104 downloads...
Finally Friday SLIDES for May 20 2016 - Part 1 - JW Modifier Demystified 2.44 MB 270 downloads...
Waste in Cancer Drugs Costs $3 Billion a Year, a Study Says - The New York Times 106.21 KB 118 downloads...