FRIDAY March 10, 2017:
Diagnoses Matter More than Ever
The Future of Outcomes in Congress & Medicine
Finally Friday! Broadcasts are Sponsored by
The Health Law Partners, ZirMed,
and The American College of Physician Advisors
Ok, so we come into this week with two big subjects… one we’ve all wanted to hear about for some time:
- the contents, effects and outcomes of the GOP bill – the American Health Care Act – to repeal and replace, or just repeal, or just fix, the Affordable Care Act.
And then, something our panel has wanted to discuss for some time:
- the HUGE importance of proper coding of all diagnoses, especially in the payment models under all the healthcare reforms, especially related to the HHS-HCC Risk Adjustment Model.
Our panel will go over some of the criticisms of the American Health Care Act (ACHA) now speeding through Congress, especially using former CMS Acting Administrator Andy Slavitt’s 25-part tweetstorm about the bill. Ok, we’ll also show you some hopefully useful resources to find the text of the bill and follow some other opinions from around the industry.
ANYWAY… the question for us this week is:
WHY is it so important to make sure your physicians code ALL the diagnoses, not just the ones they get paid for?
Be SURE to join us when our Panelists will be discussing :
- WHY does Andy Slavitt say there is “faulty math” in the bill?
- WHAT does he say are the real issues with it?
- WHAT are some of the effects likely to be for hospitals, if this passes?
- WHAT is the difference between CMS-HCCs and HHS-HCCs?
- WHAT happens to your payments if diagnoses are not properly coded?
- WHAT could change for these payment models under the AHCA?
So join us, share your own insights and bring your questions for us!
Get our handouts, below…
Be sure to register to get emails about all our shows
Just Don’t Miss this Show!
Visit the archive for the show to get the original handouts
Appeal Academy’s Finally Friday! is now sponsored by
Visit www.thehealthlawpartners.com or call (248) 996-8510 or (212) 734-0128
The American College of Physician Advisors – Hosts of: