This session was recorded on Friday, September 13, 2013.
Dr. Michael Salvatore from Beebe Medical Center in Lewes, Delaware shares a presentation he just did for the Hospitalists at his hospital, earlier this week. We share his PowerPoint presentation as well as his handout that he included in his newsletter to the physicians.
The Major Changes he cites:
- 24 hour benchmark has changed
- IP admission is now defined by time
- Severity of illness is now totally secondary to time
- Admissions orders must be specific
- OBS is basically unchanged
- Admission from OBS has changed
- Documentation is critical
Listen to the show to hear how Dr. Salvatore is handling all this, as a very small RAC/Appeals Team.
Today’s handouts include:
- PowerPoint Presentation – courtesy of Dr. Salvatore, clean with no logos, etc.
- PPT slides handouts – 1 per page and 3 per page
- How Things Change – Word Doc – Dr. Salvatore & Dr. Meyerson collaboration
- IPPS Final Rule for Dummies book cover – just for fun, I mean why not?
Click Here to Download an MP3 Audio Only version.
Previous Handouts you might find useful….